Back to Messages
John M (Sun Jul 20 2014 at 8:28 am)
Interacting with other Applications
This is an intermediate/advanced question. I'm developing an application which allows for multilanguage entry for other applications (editors, web browsers, etc.).
1. How do I create a list of running applications for my application to interact with?
2. How do I select the hook for that app, so I can selectively send my keyboard input? So if Word and Firefox are running, I want to send the Russian text to Firefox, not Word.
And for a slightly more advanced app, I'm familiar with _SCREENPRINT and _SCREENCLICK.
3. Having a targeted app, how do I capture the window image to make use of the MOUSE and SCREEN functions? Specifically, to click on a button in another application. Or,
4. Is there a lower level way to query the active elements in an application to activate it?
5. This is just a quick thought, if I get the hook for the app, can I _SCREENPRINT a series of tabs to highlight the selected element then use a _SCREENCLICK? Or is the screenclick event tied to a specific location?
Thanks for your any help or advice you can offer.
Reply to this Message
Powered by FlatForum 1.4